Dental Crowns in Rockford, IL
Thanks to advancements in the field of dentistry, we now have amazing all-porcelain dental crowns that offer a radiant and natural looking solution to restoring a tooth.
Reasons for Dental Crowns
Dental crowns can help serve many purposes, but an ideal candidate for a dental crown is looking to:
- Replace a preexisting all metal or porcelain and metal crown with a more natural looking porcelain version.
- Restore a cracked, broke, or fractured tooth
- Complete a root canal treatment with a dental crown
- Cover a dental implant and replicate a tooth
Dental crowns are used in both general and cosmetic dentistry depending on the need of the patient. It is a very effective way to rejuvenate a tooth and prevent the need to extract it.
Benefits of Dental Crowns
There are many benefits to getting a dental crown, particularly to repair a damaged tooth. Other benefits include:
- Natural and lifelike appearance
- Added strength and protection, especially for a tooth that is cracked and could fracture further
- Luminescent color layering to ensure the crown matches your other teeth or can be used to whiten the tooth
- A safe, metal free and biocompatible way to renew your smile
Patients with traditional porcelain and metal crowns may remember the faint gray line which would sit at the gum’s line would give a huge indicator that the tooth is covered with a crown. But with the usage of 100% porcelain in our dental crowns in Rockford, IL, the days of the gray line are over! All porcelain crowns offer a discreet and natural looking way to improve the appearance of a tooth.
Dr. Adriana Padron
Dr. Adriana Padron was born in Venezuela, and is a fourth generation dentist from both sides of her family. Since she was a child, she always showed interest in dentistry and became one when she graduated first in her class from El Bosque University in Bogota, Colombia in 2006.