Sedation dentistry is the dental expression when you receive sedation during your dental procedure. There are various forms of sedation that Padron Dental can choose from, and there are also different levels of sedation dentistry.
Sedation Dentistry at Padron Dental in Rockford
Sedation dentistry is the dental expression when you receive sedation during your dental procedure. There are various forms of sedation that Padron Dental can choose from, and there are also different levels of sedation dentistry. The various types and levels of sedation each have their specific benefits and are each appropriate for your different situations.
It is totally possible that many dental patients are candidates for sedation dentistry. Please discuss with our team to see if sedation dentistry is appropriate for you. We are proud to provide the necessary care you need to improve your dental health and are committed as a team to making sure your experience at our clinic is always a positive one.
The entire team at Padron Dental enjoy helping people in a field where they can apply knowledge, art, science, and beauty. Padron Dental specializes in prosthodontics, which is the treatment and handling of dental and facial problems that involve restoring missing tooth and jaw structure. A prosthodontist is highly trained in cosmetics, dental implants, crowns, bridges, dentures, temporomandibular disorders (TMJ/TMD), and more. We offer you comprehensive dental care in the convenience of one location utilizing the latest techniques in cosmetic, preventative, restorative, and implant dentistry. Call us today at 815-397-3820 to schedule your appointment to evaluate whether you might benefit from sedation dentistry. We are conveniently located at 419 N. Mulford Rd, #5, Rockford, IL, 61007.
It is not uncommon to feel nervous or experience some anxiety when planning to see the dentist. Some patients become so unnerved that they will neglect to schedule an appointment all together, which will only result in more serious complications developing. Our team goal is to provide everything necessary to make sure that your visit to our clinic is a comfortable and a relaxing experience. We do offer a range of sedation options to ensure your comfort.
The Dramatic Benefits of Sedation Dentistry
The benefits of sedation dentistry can actually be substantial. One of the most obvious benefits is the extreme reduction of stress or anxiety experienced during your dental procedure.
Sedation dentistry is beneficial because it will help reduce your anxiety. Many patients avoid scheduling dental appointments because the thought of having a dental procedure is anxiety provoking. Sedation dentistry will help alleviate these concerns.
Sedation dentistry also removes or will significantly reduce your tooth and gum sensitivity, which in turn will reduce your gag reflex.
Finally, sedation dentistry also allows Padron Dental to work faster, more efficiently and effectively, which means your procedure will be completed quicker and your dental appointment will be finished sooner.
The Different Levels of Sedation
There are a few sedation levels to choose from, which include local anesthesia, nitrous oxide, oral sedation, and intravenous sedation. The best option is usually chosen with the type of procedure being performed, but basically, you will be given several choices to help you feel comfortable and less anxious during your procedure.
- Mild Sedation: If we wish to simply relieve anxiety, this will be the preferred choice. Mild sedation lessens your anxiety level but will also decrease the level of discomfort experienced. In fact, it can even eliminate the pain all together.
- Medium Sedation: Medium sedation will be the better choice if your procedure is more intense or invasive. During medium sedation, you will be in a deeper state of relaxation. It is not uncommon that amnesia might be experienced from this state. For this reason, you will need someone to drive you home following your procedure.
Dr. Adriana Padron
Dr. Adriana Padron was born in Venezuela, and is a fourth generation dentist from both sides of her family. Since she was a child, she always showed interest in dentistry and became one when she graduated first in her class from El Bosque University in Bogota, Colombia in 2006.
The Types of Dental Sedation Available
The sedation options Padron Dental offers can be classified as either conscious sedation or general anesthesia. During a dental procedure with conscious sedation, your consciousness is merely depressed. General anesthesia, in contrast, means that you are completely unconscious for the entire procedure. Therefore, you will be unable to feel anything during your procedure and you will have no memory of the procedure.
The methods we use to deliver sedation dentistry to you include:
- Nitrous Oxide: The mildest sedation option is nitrous oxide. It is also the most common. The process for administering Nitrous Oxide includes the use a mouthpiece. As we administer the Nitrous Oxide, you will enter a calming and relaxed state. This process will also reduce both the anxiety and discomfort that is often associated with your dental procedure.
- Oral Sedation: This is a slightly more intense form of sedation. This involves the application of an anxiety medication to induce a deeper state of calm for you. This effect can last past your procedure. As a result, you will not be allowed to drive following your procedure.
- IV Sedation: IV, or Intravenous Sedation, is the most intense form of sedation we offer. During the IV Sedation, you enter a state of unconsciousness. It is not uncommon for you to experience bouts of amnesia both before and after your procedure. You will also not be allowed to drive after your procedure with IV Sedation.
Some Dental Procedures Where Sedation Dentistry is Beneficial
Certain dental procedures, such as surgical tooth extractions, root canal treatment, periodontal surgery, and implant placement are excellent opportunities for sedation dentistry. Along with these common procedures, the use of sedation for other treatment is often decided at the discretion of Padron Dental and you. We may decide to provide sedation for procedures that may be more intensive, or we may decide to provide sedation if you are extremely anxious. We can make that decision together.
Padron Dental Provides a Dental Experience that is Comfortable and Efficient
The team at Padron Dental will make your visit easy and comfortable. It is important to us at Padron Dental to provide each patient with the best dental experience possible. Therefore, we keep up to date on the latest dental technologies and techniques, to ensure that your sedation dentistry treatment is not only effective, but comfortable as well. Whether you need a dental cleaning and exam or an advanced dental implant procedure, we provide you with compassion and expertise. We have brightened the lives and smiles of many patients. Let us brighten yours! You can find us at 419 N. Mulford Rd. #5, Rockford, IL, 61007. Or simply give us a call at 815-397-3820 to get your appointment scheduled.