How Much Does Invisalign Cost?
Are you considering aligning your badly positioned teeth for aesthetic or functional reasons? If so, you are undoubtedly looking for the best way to get there. In your research, you have most certainly come across the orthodontic technique based on Rockford Invisalign transparent aligners. Invisalign has been proven convenient and effective and more and more patients are adopting it to treat their dental problems. Invisalign is an orthodontic technique that uses progressive transparent aligners or “aligners”. These are made to measure for you, after having analyzed and reconstructed your teeth three-dimensionally using a scanner. This will allow your specialist to make several aligners for you that you will wear successively according to the treatment plan they will have established beforehand.
Invisalign: how does it work?
Invisalign uses aligners transparent that must be changed regularly (according to the treatment plan established by the expert: every 2 weeks for example) to allow realignment soft and progressive teeth. These aligners are custom-made to precisely fit your teeth and exert small forces on them to realign them. After wearing a splint 22 hours a day for 2 weeks, the teeth move about 0.2 mm, and they follow the shape imposed by the splint. You must then go to the next gutter which will be slightly different to impose a new conformation on your teeth, and so on. The duration of treatment varies greatly from one patient to another, it is a minimum of 3 months and can reach 2 years.
Invisalign: what are its advantages?
Aesthetic and almost invisible: Invisalign aligners are transparent and almost invisible. This is a major advantage compared to traditional very conspicuous and unsightly rings. The patient can then enjoy total discretion.
- Removable: The aligners should be worn 20-22 hours a day (day and night). You can remove it at any time to eat or brush your teeth. You can also withdraw it for a particular event for up to 8 hours per day, but you must include this duration in your treatment plan.
- Comfortable and almost painless: The aligners are much more comfortable than other conventional orthodontic devices such as rings. They do not cause irritation and hardly any pain because they are made to adapt very precisely to your teeth and your gums, in addition to being made with a synthetic material (stable thermoplastic) flexible and very soft.
Impressive results: You may find that your teeth gradually align after each change of aligner. The results are visible from the first weeks of treatment and are downright impressive at the end! The minimum duration of treatment is 3 months for mild malposition and about 8 months for moderate.
So how much does it cost?
In the vast majority of cases, an Invisalign treatment only lasts under 18 months at a cost of anywhere from $3,500-$8,000 on average. To correct a slight or moderate problem, the price is lower than if your problem is more complicated. Generally, the cost of treatment includes:
- The initial consultation with the specialist during which they will perform all the examinations necessary for a precise diagnosis and ensure the feasibility of the treatment
- The manufacture of Invisalign aligners throughout the treatment period
- Follow-up consultations throughout the treatment period
- The compression that will be put in place after the end of the treatment to prevent secondary displacements (once the Invisalign aligners have been removed).